When I was a member of the Business Network International, we talked a lot about how “givers gain.” The idea was built on the premise that to be successful in networking, focus on giving referrals to others and not what your will receive in return. Those that practiced this approach gained the most referrals.
I think this holds true in cultivating a generous spirit as well. Cultivate your generosity to others and you will be awarded in ways that you can’t even imagine. Try it by doing something like:
– Opening the door for someone
– Letting cars merge in front of you
– Complimenting someone you encounter during the day (the barista, the grocery clerk, the dry cleaner, etc.)
– Volunteer (even just 30 minutes) with a local nonprofit that serves those in need
– Find inspiration—and raise your vibration—by watching “Pay It Forward”
Don’t overthink this! The possibilities are endless, and the rewards are countless.