In my last post, I discussed positive affirmation and told you I’d share some tips on how to develop your own that you can then use in your meditation practice. Try these:
- Identify what you feel good about in your life and what you’d like to change. Stay true to your values and what means most to you.
- Make your affirmation realistic and achievable.
- Think positive. Banish “I’m not…” Your affirmation should be “I am…”
- Make it now. When you put your affirmation in the future tense, it makes it easier to put off. Make it “I can” vs. “I will.”
- Mean it! When you choose your affirmation, make sure it something that you really want. And remind yourself of that each time you repeat it.