As I mentioned in my last blog, researchers have demonstrated that spending time amid the colors, scents, sounds and elements of nature can improve our physical well-being.
Our July and September retreats at Indian Point in Maine are a perfect way to “connect with nature” amid the water and forests of the Rangeley Lakes region. I hope you can join us there, but if circumstances will not allow it, try some of theses ideas to bring nature to you:
Carry the scent with you:
- Forest Lungs, a fragrance with hints of cedar, pine and vetiver that replicates the molecular compounds in tree phytoncides, which can help reduce stress.
- Nordic Cedar evokes the forests of Sweden thanks to its aromas of amber, cedar and cardamom.
Bathing at home (and not in the forest):
- Grounding Stone moisturizing bar that evokes scents of vetiver and bergamot.
- Hinoki Onsen Camellia Japonica Bathing Oil with extracts of hinoki cypress and jasmine.
Around the house:
- Saint Olio’s No. 3 Sitka Aromatic Cleaner provides antimicrobial spruce and deodorizing juniper with a sweet citrus aroma.
Even if you can’t make it to a forest, please pamper yourself with elements of nature and be sure to take a few minutes every day to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine these warm days of summer offer.