I recently came across an article that talked about fighting the blues by embracing the good things about winter—yes, if you look hard enough, you’ll find some!
These include things like:
- Cozying up to a crackling fire with a warm blanket and a good book
- Sipping on hot toddies or warm mulled cider
- Hosting small, intimate dinner parties
- Playing games and reconnecting with loved ones
- Binge-watching your favorite series.
In other words, the key to getting through these winter months is to accept that we can’t change them, but we can create ways to experience peace and joy during them. That’s the essence of what My ParaVita teaches us: our lives can be shaped by the way we view challenges and opportunities, especially by practicing meditation on a regular basis.